BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 11, 2011

More powerful than the tooth fairy!

Bumble Bee Bash on April 14, 2011A couple months ago we went to the Gateway Discovery Museum for a fun family night called The Bumble Bee Bash!  We scored some free tickets from Dada’s work and headed out to enjoy the free food, entertainment and museum toys/equipment.  Me and my brothers were so excited to get our bumble bee head bands and wood crafts to color.  We also LOVED all of the free cookies, brownies, and drinks.  We played with all the cool stuff we usually do at the kids museum but my very favorite thing we did was …  FACE PAINTING!!IMG_0673My brothers and I are fully and completely obsessed with super heroes right now and even though the tooth fairy couldn’t turn me into Wolverine …the face painting ladies could!!!  She even turned Isaac into Black Spiderman and Caleb into Ironman!  It was sooo awesome!  The line we had to wait in was reeeeeally long, but not because the face painting ladies weren’t speedy; they were just in HIGH demand.  Seriously, I was incredibly impressed by their skillz.  Especially considering I could request Wolverine (not the most common super hero) and with a quick refresher on what Wolverine looks like from Google imaging him on her iphone, she was able to whip up this fabulous face paint job in a couple of minutes.  Amazing.  Not to mention of course that they were face painting impatient, squirming kids like me.  They know they’ve got a small window of time and they GO for it!IMG_0680IMG_0681Pure Super Hero Happiness.IMG_0682IMG_0683What was even more enjoyable was watching the reactions from the other kids that we walked by later… “Mom LOOK! It’s Ironman!!”  We’re talking serious celebrity status here.DSC_0210Alas, the magic had to end sometime. Without our mom even asking us we into the bathroom to wash our faces off.  Our faces were getting pretty dry and itchy.DSC_0215Instead of blood brothers, Me and Squeaks officially became face paint brothers.

1 comment:

  1. Wolverine Boy.....I mean Zekie,
    I love your blog and your pix of the bros. as super heroes....so INCREDIBLE and cool at the same time! And I hope no bumble bees were squashed during the bash~~~

    ReplyDelete