BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Zekie’s 1st Day of Kindergarten

DSC_0650 Here I am on my first day of Kindergarten with my awesome teacher Mrs. Thayer!  She is super fun and really nice.  I like her a lot.  My Mom and Dad heard that she does really great with smart kids like me so I was really lucky to get her as my teacher.  Mrs. Thayer especially likes my dance moves and told my mom that I was dancing up a storm to YMCA. I told her that’s why everyone calls me the best dancer in the world.

DSC_0651 This is my new favorite friend Sara.  She kinda looked so cute I wanted to be with her.  She looked like my girl. So I asked her if she wanted to be my friend and she said OK!  We play together every recess and our friends are already teasing us, but it’s worth it because she’s so great.  I’ve added her to my list of potential girls I’m going to marry someday.  For those of you that are keeping score, it’s between Sara, Claire, Raquel and Kiera.DSC_0655 I am jumping for joy that I get to go to school finally!  One reason I’m so happy is because I have a really cool buddy!  We have a fourth grade class that comes in to be our “buddies” every Friday.  I’m so lucky because my friend’s older brother Jeffrey chose me to be his buddy. He is really awesome and I know we’re going to have a lot of fun this year.DSC_0663  They must know that kindergarteners love sugar because they gave us cupcakes and let us go on a treasure hunt for gingerbread men with clues on them. My cupcake says “My first day of kindergarten was a ‘piece of cake.’ ” DSC_0674 My favorite part of kindergarten is picking a treasure from the prize box everyday. We get prizes by doing our homework, reading flash cards, and reading books.  The first prize I picked was a harmonica… but since then I mostly pick CANDY!  Today though I picked clear fingernail polish with colored sparkle inside.  My fingers and toes look magical. Next time I’m going to get a toy if it’s cool.DSC_0675 My mom had quite a scare the other day when I wasn’t waiting at the bench after school.  I snuck away to get some candy from the vending machines and when I finally came back, Mrs. Thayer told me she was about to call the police!  I promised that I would never do that again and have been really good about always waiting at the bench every day since.

DSC_0018 My dad told my mom I really needed a written schedule to help me get ready for school and this is what she came up with. I really love to play computer games and my mom told me if I got everything done on the list before I had to go that I could play.  My mom used to have to get me dressed and feed me breakfast while I pretended to be asleep but now I do EVERYTHING all by myself!  I got completely ready to go and woke my mom up by telling her I was ready for family prayer.  I came in and told her I’d made myself a soy butter and honey sandwich for breakfast even.  I’m pretty big.DSC_0020 Today when I went to go get breakfast I couldn’t believe my eyes!  The Frosted Mini-Wheats box said there was $100 inside the box.  I ripped it open like it was Christmas… but all it said inside was that I wasn’t a winner.  But it’s wrong because especially now that I’m in kindergarten… I’m definitely a WINNER.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that you are a real school boy at the Daybreak Elementary! Your teacher looks nice, your girlfriend is cute and I am proud that you can do your entire morning schedule all by yourself. You are a WINNER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. skrt skrt im ready to hit sara up if u know what i mean

    man i hate myself
    i should get back to my road to revolution project for mr kinghorn
    maybe
    Zeke Bachman 11/14/19 10:47 PM

    ReplyDelete